Friday, February 6, 2009

BSODOMFG

So now that I have all my hardware, so I started installing Windows. As I was installing, suddenly... A WILD BSOD APPEARS! So then I'm like wtf, so I ignore it and reboot the computer. I finish XP installation without any further snags. I think I'm in the clear, but then as I'm installing Firefox, running a dual layer DVD, and opening Windows Explorer, ANOTHER BSOD! But this time, it flashes and suddenly reboots.

So that was last night. After school today, I decided I would ignore the previous BSOD's and just go on normally until I got another one. If I got another BSOD, then I would take some form of action.

So then I started using my computer, doing whatever, then suddenly... ATHIRD BSOD. This time I'm like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so then I take action.

First, I reformat my 10GB Windows partition and reinstall. It BSOD's (the one like the first time). So then I remove my 9500GT and try again. Same BSOD. Then I remove all my RAM except one, and put that one in slot A1 (which was empty before). This solved the problem (finally, after 2 hours). I was able to install XP without any further incident. Oh, and during that time, I swapped out my DVD drive for a dual-layer burner. Hehe. So now I await my last 512mb stick of RAM. But it'll be temporary, because I'm getting 2 sticks of 2GB RAM on Saturday from a friend. So this news is as of now. If I encounter any more problems, anyone within half a mile of my house will hear a loud



FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

0 comments: