Sunday, October 25, 2009

DIY project!

So instead of studying for my math test, I decided to build a headphone amp. It's a good learning project I suppose. Well I did learn how to solder, which I was pretty sketchy in before. So anyway I followed some online instructions, found a sweet Jelly Belly tin from wayyyyyyy back and began. I started Saturday evening, finished today, which is Sunday morning. At first it generated crackly sound, so then I used my magical magic powers. But turns out I didn't use enough, so then only the right channel worked fine. So I decided to fix it the old fashioned way (taking it apart omfg) and after soldering and pretending to know what I was doing, I put it all together and it worked. And now I have this sweet headphone amp that didn't cost that much.

If words are too much for you, check out this column of pictures that doesn't really tell a complete story.








Yes, I wired the board, I just didn't show the soldering process. It didn't come pre-built (cuz that's lame.)

Finished product:






yay


man, I am so accomplished.

0 comments: