Saturday, August 30, 2008

Drop bars

So I've been roadifying my '06 Schwinn Mesa GSD for a couple weeks now, and the final piece arrived today. I've always been wanting drop bars, (on road bikes) but the diameters were different, and complications would arise. However, I stumbled upon Origin 8 road ends a couple days ago. Basically, they're curved bar ends, thus giving an mtb road ends without diameter troubles. I'll post pics of my frankenbike later.

My roadification in chrono order:

Stiffened fork (can't afford/don't want a rigid fork)
Skinny wheels
Sexy saddle (sexy thin)
Road ends
Bar tape (for above road ends)

So yeah, a budget roadification, but it really helps for speed and efficiency.

My original Schwinn (forgot to take a picture of my Schwinn, so I stole this one.)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Origin 8 road ends

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 comments: