Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flash drive OS

So I used to carry around 2 flash drives (2gb and 8gb, both SanDisk Cruzers). The 8gb carried my stuff around (games at school?) but the other didn't really do anything. So then I thought, "Hey I'm gonna install an OS (operating system, like Windows) on it." So a few days later, my 8gb has Linux on it, and my 2gb has an (extremely) slimmed down version of Windows XP. Find more info here.

Windows XP (you won't be able to tell it's XP once you run it, but it is. Also, this project takes a long time and is quite difficult.)

Linux You can install all different kinds of Linux on your USB (it's easy, really!) but pendrivelinux made their own compilation of linux especially for your usb, and since it boots fast and works well, I use it. Their Linux is called Penddrivelinux 2008 and is based of KDE... only linux people would know what that is. (I do.)

0 comments: