Friday, November 7, 2008

I was flying down a hill. At this point, it didn't matter that I had just failed an in-class essay 15 minutes before. I was on 3-8, but I knew that if I pedaled, I would spin as if I were on 1-1. My handlebar was incapable of turning. I don't know whether or not it was because of the centripetal force of my front wheel, or because my arms were frozen in place from the exhilarating speed. Cars were passing me at ~10 mph. It was great.

When I walked out of Lit, I knew I had two options. Either go home and mope about my failure to prepare for essays, or go do some hill training on that "valley" on Stevens Creek. After stopping by my house to drop off my backpack, sweater, and lock, I was on my way.

Roughly 15 minutes later, here I am, typing on my laptop, eating a Clif bar.



At least I'm not moping about my essay.

0 comments: