Saturday, October 11, 2008

10.5 mile ride

Left Saturday morning, around 10-10:30. Jasper couldn't come, but we still rode. There were a ton of road bikers today. We only saw 2 or 3 other mountain bikes, but all the other bikes were road bikes. Some noteworthy bikes: 2 Cervelos, 2 Scattante (rofl), and a Specialized Allez -__- . We saw a couple pack riders, but otherwise they were biking alone or in pairs. We went a little farther than Saratoga High, which was a 5 mile point, then we headed back. It was really windy, and my hair kept on coming out of my gigantic helmet vent. That was really annoying. On a better note, I didn't have to use any of the tools I had brought. In the end, we finished 2 Clif bars, half a bottle of powder-mix Gatorade, and some water. My dad was exhausted, but I wasn't as tired. I also mentioned that I could bike farther, and with the addition of all the road bikes we saw today, I think he may be more convinced on getting me a road bike ;] Just maybe.

Not too many pics, there wasn't much scenery. Just roads and stuff. In one picture, I blinked, and in the other picture, I looked retarded. So none of that for you.

Oh, and a side note, my dad and I hit 23.2 on a slight downhill slope. I wonder what I could hit... hm. Maybe later I'll temporarily mount that cyclometer on my bike and hammer it. :P





Oh yeah.


Edit: You know how I said I wasn't as tired? Apparently it kicks in several hours later...

0 comments: