Friday, October 10, 2008

New multitool

So before school ended, I called CBS to see if they had the Crank Brothers Multi-10. They didn't. I knew Evolution had them, cuz I saw them last time I was there.

And thus began my commute. Going there was easy, as it was mostly downhill, and the wind was blowing to the side of me, or at times behind me. I was on 3-8 the entire time, except for the stoplights. Yeah, it was really windy today, and there was lots of dust. My the time I go to Evolution, my eyes were red. I bought my M10 and admired it. It was a little hard to open, though. The way back was windy hell. I had a headwind the entire way, although there were brief periods of no wind. I had to stop at Target to rest. One time while hammering through the wind, it was really hard to pedal, but I glanced at my shifter. 3-5. It felt like 3-7 or 3-8 on flat ground, and I wasn't moving very fast. Total trip time: a little less than 45 min. To sum it up...



Credit to Rick Smith of yehudamoon.com for the comic. I love it.

Afterwards, I spent 5 minutes adding teflon lube to my new M10 and now it opens smoothly.



Gotta unflip my stem cuz tomorrow I'm riding 10-15 miles with my dad and Jasper. I'll try to remember to take pictures ;)

0 comments: