Friday, October 17, 2008

No Scat-tante for me

And no, I'm not going to talk about the name this time. I was thinking back at my purchase of my current Mesa (at Performance). I remember feeling kinda stretched out on it. However, what did the guy do? He said I'd grow into it, and didn't do anything else. Now, a good LBS would have put on a shorter stem, and done some other fit adjustments. Unfortunately, Performance isn't the type of shop to care about your needs. Not only do they have too many customers to care about, but if you don't like buying a bike from Performance, there are many other customers that will. So one customer won't make that much of a difference. If I'm gonna spend >$800 on a bike, I want to be fitted to it, and know that I made the right decision. And for that, you need the care of an LBS, not a retail store.



Also, I'm takin' this bike to college, I don't wanna get s*** for the brand name.

Sorry. Had to say it.

0 comments: