Saturday, October 4, 2008

Evolution bike shop

So me 'n Jasper went on a bike shop tour (actually only CBS and Evo., but whatever) and as it turns out, Evolution is pretty good. They order bikes from certain companies, among them, Specialized, Giant, Marin, a few others. So I asked around, and it turns out that I may not need a cyclocross bike. For the price I'm paying, the 'cross bike will be total crap, so I may as well just buy an entry level road bike and put the thickest knobbies I can on the bike.

So blah blah blah and a pizza later, I'm at Jasper's house and we decide the Specialized Allez (Al-lay btw ;]) is my best bet. For the price, I can get decent components. Bikeforums says to ask for a front derailleur upgrade, LBS (local bike shop) should only charge about $15 ish... but I'm not sure.




Why can't I get it now?

Edit: CBS says they'll charge ~$40 to upgrade Sora to Tiagra front derailleur.

0 comments: