Thursday, October 9, 2008

Floor pump!

So me 'n Maiko went to CBS today to get a floor pump. They had Specialized floor pumps, but the only one I brought enough money for was the Sport model, but it had a plastic barrel. The metal barrel version was $10 dollars more, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money. I'm not working in a bike shop, so the most I'll use it is like, once a week. But the thing that sold me was the free one-year warranty, so if it did break, I could pay an extra $10 then to get the metal version, or just get another plastic barrel version.







Heehee.


Oh, and afterwards, we went to the media training. Last year, robotics was pretty fun partly because of the small size of the club, where you felt like you knew everyone. This year, (not to be racist) the club is ~60% Indian, ~75% of which are freshmen. Also, ~30% of the robotics members probably don't know anything about engineering at all. They probably joined because "Oh robotics sounds fun, and my mommy tells me I'm talented, so I must be a useful contribution to the team." Not that I'm saying robotics has no good people, but I just feel that the addition of so many people isn't necessarily beneficial.



freshmen.

0 comments: